Thursday, September 9, 2010

More Miles On the Flip Flops

Today I hoofed it around Bangkok again, this time to see the Democracy Monument, which was not really all that exciting, then hopped on a canal boat to Siam Square, home of Bangkok’s best shopping. The canal boat was a really cheap and easy way to get around, 9 Baht each way (about 20 cents CAD). Don’t dare touch the water though. Spending a few hours around Siam Square was a good break from all the touts constantly trying to rip me off. The mall was pretty much a typical North American mall save for the huge area of small private shops packed in like sardines. I’ve never seen so many watch stores in one area, Thai’s must have a hard on for watches.

4 comments:

  1. A Tshirt and some sunglasses. For about $9 haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't buy a fake rolex?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I figured looking rich is not a good idea. The Thai's harass me enough already. Now it's the Nepalese's turn.

    ReplyDelete