Saturday, September 25, 2010

Delayed...

After waking up at 5am this morning and my flight being delayed for 5 1/2 hours, they finally cancelled all flights to Lukla due to bad weather. During the monsoon the airport, which is on the side of a mountain, can get socked in with cloud and becomes unable to run flights. So now I'm back in Kathmandu waiting to try again at 0830 tomorrow morning. This last 24 hours has essentially been pretty shitty, delays at the Indian embassy (I got my visa!), last night I had a giant spider run by my face in the bathroom (thanks for jinxing me, Cassandra), and I woke up at 4am to a cockroach the size of my ring finger in my room. Hopefully this is the end of my bad luck streak and good times from here on. I'm going out now to have a beer, I can't think much can go wrong with that...

4 comments:

  1. Wow..that does sound like a bad day,I know how much you hate bugs, hope the beer was real good. I will cross my fingers that all goes well for you flight out of there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the bright side, it can only get better from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I ever tell you about the spider in the shower.... lol

    Congrats on your Indian Visa!! I hope your flight gets off the ground tomorrow, can't wait to hear tales of your trek and see some photo's as well. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes hey did I jinks you when I said did you find a nice girl (lol), good luck with your flight, and hopefully no more bugs(espically siders).

    ReplyDelete