Wednesday, November 17, 2010

To Mumbai!

Seems like no matter how much money I spend to get a comfortable ride on the buses, it doesn't seem to work. My seat was right above the wheel well of the bus, so my leg room was horribly uncomfortable. And I seem to still be plagued by car sickness. Thankfully a friend of mine gave me some pills for motion sickness, so I was able to keep it together for the journey. It's still lingering with me though, I'll have to confine myself to my hotel room for the rest of the night.

Mumbai: Definitely a different side of India. It's noticeable that the average income in Mumbai is three times the national average. This place has more of a feel of Bangkok than any other India city I've been too. It's tropical, there are actually street lights, traffic lanes and sidewalks! I took a stroll around this afternoon and did some shopping to prep my wardrobe for Goa, and saw the India Gate and the illustrious Taj Mahal Hotel. I had to settle for something a little cheaper, the Taj is a little out of my budget range. Speaking of my hotel, it was definitely a good find. Thank the heavens for the random girl I met in an internet cafe in Udaipur that recommended me to it, it's the same price of the rest of India, in a city where rooms can run you four to five times the standard prices. And it's a nice place, with the most modern bathrooms I've seen so far. And I've already been asked to be an extra in a Bollywood film! Hopefully tomorrow I'll be feeling well enough to take that on...

2 comments:

  1. Well good luck with your new acting career - Who would of thought Kyle would be in an Indian film ....lol What an adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I would love to see you in a bollywood film!! Do you think you could wear a turban??haha I cant stop laughing that you could be in a Indian film

    ReplyDelete