Sunday, November 21, 2010

Kyle vs. Bus

Added another chapter to the ongoing saga of Kyle vs the Indian bus system. I had booked an onward bus ticket from Mumbai to Goa before I left Udaipur through a travel agent who seemed reliable. He told me the bus departed close to where I was staying. Lies. Earlier in the day, before my 6pm departure time, I looked up the hotel I was to be picked up at, and it showed it to be close to me. Then an hour before when I went to catch a taxi, I found out it's about 2 hours out of Mumbai. So I had to miss that bus and buy another $20 ticket to catch on two hours later, this one one km away from my guesthouse. Next time I see that travel agent from Udaipur, I'm going to beat him up and take his lunch money.

The bus ride itself was another typical Kyle experience. I almost got left behind at one of the stops when I was in the bathroom, and I'm almost positive the seats had bed bugs because my arms and stomach are covered in bite marks that itch like hell. Next time I come to Goa it will be in a fighter jet, loaded with bombs to drop on the first Indian Bus Depot that I see.

Anyways, fuck it, I'm in Goa now. We rolled into Mupasa at 10am and caught another local bus (much better ride) to Arambol, a beach community in the north of Goa. First impression: Beautiful. It's exceeded my expectations so far. The beach is better than I thought and lined with palm trees. The beer is cheap (less than $1), there are plenty of beautiful women, and the weather is amazing. Speaking of cheap, I'm staying in a beach hut with a double bed and a common bathroom for $7. I love it here.

4 comments:

  1. Cheap beer and beautiful women, life is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL your story reminds me of when we almost left you behind in BC.
    well enjoy your cheap beer and beautiful women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mupasa - is that not from the Lion King???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyle, live one day at a time and enjoy every minute; even the frustrating ones. You are creating alot of memories that you will for sure laugh at when you are home freezing at -40. Aunt Sharon

    ReplyDelete