Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Broken

Apparently I've fallen into a bad luck streak recently. I took the deluxe bus to Ajmer yesterday afternoon, and from there caught a short bus ride to Pushkar, a small town centered around a holy place. Now this town is supposed to be a quiet, relaxing place to hang around, but apparently the forces at work are trying to ruin that for me.

The start of all this bad luck was at the guesthouse I checked into. It looked not too bad, an okay room for a good price. That went for shit with the army of ants and some unknown, giant-ass black insect I had to kill. Then the trouble I had/having finding a room. At one hotel the owner actually told me he wouldn't rent me a room because I was only staying for three nights, he wanted to save it for people staying for the whole week of the camel fair that's about to start. Then I had to fight with the owner of the shithole hotel when I checked out.

I finally found a really nice place to stay, but can only get a room for tonight, everything is booked, I have to find another hotel tomorrow. And I couldn't even do any sight-seeing today, partly because it's raining, in the desert...And partly because of the fact that because of the rain, I horribly biffed down the slippery stone staircase at this new hotel, bruising my pelvis. Pushkar is seriously about to break my spirit. I think I'm going to blow this popsicle stand tomorrow. Fuck Pushkar and it's fucking Camel Fair.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Bud that is terrible!! I would take all the hints that town is giving you and get the hell out of dodge!! There is a fabulous new place waiting for you at the next destination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks, but on the bright side, it will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope today is a much better day for you :)

    ReplyDelete