Thursday, November 18, 2010

Southwest Is the Best

Great day walking around Mumbai today. I finished Goa'ing up my wardrobe with a pair of shorts and some new flip flops that won't propel me down flights of stone stairs. I put on quite a few km's on them, walking around the Colaba, Fort and Churchgate districts of the city. It totally reinforced the feeling that this is the most appealing city in India. There's a ton of beautiful architecture left over from the colonial period.

I was hassled a few times for taking pictures of some things, it actually turned out to be pretty comical. I tried sneaking into a university (the most beautiful one I've ever seen) to get pictures but was busted by security guards. I finally got in a gate in one end of it and convinced some other security guards to let me take a couple pictures. Then another guy gave me shit for taking a picture of the Bombay Stock Exchange. I'm not really sure why, he couldn't speak enough English to explain. I didn't delete it though...

Oh and I can't seem to find a cafe with wifi here, they're all not working, so pictures will have to come later. When I get to Goa. Oh yeah.

5 comments:

  1. You sound soooo happy... Yeah!!! So what's the scoop on the movie deal??

    ReplyDelete
  2. No go on the Bollywood. They asked me again today but the filming would have went too late, past my bus departure time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No movie deal?? that's too bad hahaha, hope your travel to Goa is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah man I was hoping you would take the movie deal and become rich and famous, oh well, maybe in your next stop. Hope this bus ride is better than the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey "Slumdog" sorry to hear the movie business is missing out on you this time around, LMAO

    Have fun in Goa, you better get working on that tan quickly or you may stand out a bit at the beach hahaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete