Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Note About Desert Trains.



Dust! Holy dust! The problem with taking sleeper class in the desert is that the windows don't completely close, and that tiny, centimeter wide crack is enough to let in a whole sand dune. As you can see by the picture above, from a 5 hour journey enough dust came in to allow me to write my name on the table. It's very unfortunate too, the desert sunset is amazing to watch from the train, but as soon as any high speed is reached, you'd better be slamming that window shut. A bandanna or some type of cloth to cover your face is a must. I can imagine inhaling a desert isn't particularly good for the lungs. I think next train trip I'm going to try the AC Class, where the windows are sealed shut, hopefully keeping the car interior dust free.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking at your pictures I love the one of the Camel Safari, they're pretty cool. The one of the street puppy, made me ahh, poor little guy

    That is something else about all the sand, you better keep your face covered.

    ReplyDelete