Wednesday, December 29, 2010

SNAFU

That's the word I'm going to use to describe my travel days from now on. 'Situation Normal: All Fucked Up' is the perfect descriptor. It seems on 95% of the days I'm traveling from one point to another, things go wrong in some way. I'd paid for a combination minibus/ferry from Koh Lanta to Koh Samui. The first minibus brought us to the travel agency in Krabi where we were supposed to be picked up by another minibus heading to Surat Thani to catch the ferry. The bus showed up and everyone started loading up, but it was short by one seat. When the guy checked my ticket and said it was with another bus company and they would come pick me up, I knew things were starting to unravel. After that it was delay after delay, then sitting next to this ultra-dork French kid who kept picking his nose and preventing me from watching a movie on my laptop, all of which are R rated.

Oh well, I'm in Koh Samui now, and accommodation has been found. A cheap dorm room for 200 Baht was definitely fine with me, and it's a pretty decent place. Except for the 30-something man in my room that needs to sleep with the light on. I finally managed to eat some McDonald's last night, and it tasted all the better with a few beers in my stomach too. Maybe now I'll go another four months without eating it. No alcohol tonight too, I need to be ready for the Full Moon Party tomorrow night, mentally as well as psychically.

No comments:

Post a Comment