Wednesday, December 15, 2010

No Problem

That two word combination that I heard the most in India, second to 'my friend', was the title of the movie I saw in Delhi in an effort to kill time before my flight. I only had enough time to stay for half of it, but for a two hour and forty five minute movie, that was enough time. It was so bad it was good. It's a total combination of rap video, Charlie Chaplin-type slapstick comedy and musical. The movie opens with a dance scene that looks like something out of a rap movie, with tons of bikini clad white women dancing around two ultra-creepy Indian men in Escalades. Then the rest of it is pretty cornball until the musical-like dance scene that looks like Grease on meth. Then the intermission happens. Yes, that's right, intermission! Only football games have half time in North America these days!

I'm now in Thailand after a hard 24 hours of traveling, including a red eye to Bangkok, a flight to Phuket and a bus to Krabi. I met up and am traveling with my friend Katrina, and in T-minus 1 hour we're going to make our way to a beach for some much deserved Thai beach time. Even after I left India it still wouldn't take it's slimy tentacles off me, the fast food I ate in the Delhi airport came up about an hour after I landed in Bangkok, immediately after a ninety Baht muffin at Starbucks. It's definitely a relief to be in a country with some order, and I'm glad I've only heard a couple horns honk in the time I've been here. Oh, and I took a bus here. And it was great. Booyah, India.

No comments:

Post a Comment