Friday, September 2, 2011

Are You Looking for Work?

I put up an add on Gumtree a couple days ago advertising myself as available for labour work. The next two out of three responses were a little strange. The first one went like this:
Person "Hi, I saw your add on Gumtree for labour work. Are you looking for construction work?"
Kyle the Great "Yes I am."
Person "When are you available?"
Kyle the Great "Tomorrow if you have some work."
Person "Ok, what pay rate do you ask for?"
Kyle the Great "I don't know, what are you offering?"
Person "$350 a day cash in hand."
Kyle the Suspicious "What kind of work is it?"
Person "Well basically I'm looking for men with good bodies to show them off."
Kyle the Creeped Out "Ummm I'm not really looking for that kind of work."
Creeper Delux "Ok thank you."

I know I sound very masculine and sexy on the phone, but after losing nearly thirty pounds in one year, I am no longer stripper material, or material for whatever that supercreep had in mind. The next response was a text offering a job cleaning or massaging, which is quite the odd combination. I declined. Finally a legit one came in, a guy looking for a labourer for a day to do some landscaping work. The downer to it was I had to wake up at 4:30am to catch the first train out of Sydney to the location over an hour away. The day was filled with a ton of shoveling work, moving heavy wheel barrows and planting plants. It was tough, and my muscles are already sore, but it feels good to have to done a solid day of hard work. And the one hundred and fifty straight up dollars I earned sings from my pocket. And the labour agency I was hired at gave me some work for Monday! The ball is rolling, however slowly, it is rolling.

Now I'm going to take the weekend off and finally do some sightseeing!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha, that sure made me laugh first thing this moring, I'm happy you didn't take the guy on his offer. Glad things are starting to roll for you. Have a nice weekend sightseeing

    ReplyDelete