Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rainy Sunday Sydney Finale

In the spirit of a crappy, rainy day in Sydney, an American, Andrew, and I decided to try and spend the afternoon at a local strip club, which are basically everywhere in Kings Cross. Upon arriving inside one, it instantly turned weird. Instead of the basic setup of a North American strip club with a runway and a bar-like setup, we instead found ourselves in a dark room with nobody else, with some folding chairs in front of an empty stage. We turned to leave but were intercepted by a dirty old Italian man who asked us if we wanted to see a show. I replied that we were just looking to chill out and have a couple drinks and watch a dance or two. "Do you want sex?" was the reply. "No", I said. He told us to wait and disappeared into a back room, our cue for a rapid exit. While half jogging down the stairs a woman who, from her attire, was clearly a stripper stopped us and asked us if we wanted a dance. I repeated my original response, and was informed that no other place has shows before 9pm, and that a show for us would cost two hundred and fifty dollars. Dollars, not Yen. I indicated this was much more than we were looking to spend, and in turn received a rude response about here in Australia Australians have to work for their money, which I have yet to see put into action. I looked at her beer gut and gave her a well-wished "good luck".

On that note I'm glad I'm moving on from Sydney, and more importantly King's Cross. I'm hoping my bus ride to Melbourne tomorrow takes me to the place I've heard so many positive things about. I know that wherever I end up, I'll make the most out of it and still have a good time. My philosophy these days. And with the thought of seeing my Dad in one week, who I haven't seen in over a year, all I can be is happy.

3 comments:

  1. Happy travels Kyle!! It's a nice trip to Melbourne, are you stopping along the way? Narooma was a really nice hostel, kind of like cabins in a campsite with fire pit, etc.. Anyways say hi to Melbourne, my home for 3 months (way back when) and I'm sure you will enjoy it more than Sydney. Make sure to look up 73 Chapman Street and please take a couple of photo's for me (memories). I didn't realize your Dad was coming out already, you guys have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip to Melbourne. And strip clubs are a no no when your Dad is visiting, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm...does that me you weren't going to be able to complete the 30 day challenge!!! haha

    ReplyDelete