Thursday, May 23, 2013

T-2 Days!

This is the first trial post from my IPod. I can already tell this is going to take me a lot longer than it would with a laptop.

Right meow my room is a mess of travel gear strewn over every square inch of available space, awaiting it's clearance to land in my backpack. While packing I found 60 American dollars! This was just enough to pay for my visa on arrival in Turkey, absolving me of the need to go to the bank to exchange money. As the cautious and responsible traveller I am, I checked the Turkish embassy website to be sure of the price. It was a good thing I did, because to my astonishment and relief, I discovered that the visa regulations had changed last month, and the visa on arrival system had been terminated. Instead, one has to apply online for an E-Visa, then print it out. It's a pretty easy and efficient system, reminiscent of my Australian working holiday visa a couple years ago. 


Finding the American money still isn't a total loss, however. I'll still keep it in my backpack as emergency money.


No comments:

Post a Comment