Wednesday, November 23, 2011

More Sydney

Things in Sydney are still progressing in the right direction. I scored a full time job through a labour agency, doing manufacturing work, finishing tables and chairs that are used in private schools. Mostly I do powder coating, which is spraying powdered paint that turns into gloss when baked in an oven. I did find out the other day that powder coating works by sticking to the surface by static electricity, electricity being the prime word here. So basically DO NOT touch the metal object you are spraying. You will get electricuted. I found this out the hard way. It's paying the bills, and that makes me happy.

As far as life at the hostel goes, I'm beginning to realize that the crowd here is not the same as it was the last time I was here, instead there are a bunch of snobby Brits that seem to think they're better than anyone not British. I heard that the Empire had been dissolved a long time ago, but I guess they still have the Falklands. I'm starting to feel like I should find a real house soon, maybe for the new year. The backpacker scene here is much different from anywhere I've been, and it's time I should try to make my original plan of settling down in Australia for a bit come true. That and staying in the hostel for a week over New Years Eve would cost me $990 for accommodation. I'd rather fly to Indonesia for a week than pay that, and I'm sure I would spend less...

No comments:

Post a Comment