Sunday, August 22, 2010

T-13 Days!

Well this trip has officially taken it's first step to being a life changing event for me. I had requested a leave of absence from work as a fail safe in case the economy was back in the toilet when I finished rambling around the world, but it wasn't approved. Thursday night was my last shift. Working my last shift at night was a piece of solid justification for giving up that career, but there are definitely parts of the job I will miss, namely the solid group of guys I worked with. As I sit here typing this out, I am definitely glad I didn't get the leave. Now there's nothing to tie me to the past, everything from here on is the future.

I also sit here typing this out with a massive hangover from my going away party last night. Translation: Massive hangover = great time last night. I couldn't have asked for a better way to exit home and say the goodbyes to the best friends a guy could ask for. Thanks to you all for coming out and getting me utterly polluted!

My favorite shirt turned into a farewell card full of best wishes and drunken scribbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment