Friday, August 6, 2010

So Here's the Man


Ok, I figure this blog should have an introduction and a little about myself in it, so here it goes. If you didn't gather from the header, my name is Kyle. Mid twenties, easy going, friendly, I'm my own kind of awesome. Basically I've come to a point in my life where I feel a good change is due, and while I'm young enough to take full advantage of my freedom from any family or relationship restraints, so I've decided I should seize the day and travel. Is it a big risk to give everything up and just take off? Absolutely. Why would I do this? I want the taste of freedom. The freedom where the biggest thing on my mind will be what I want to have for dinner that night or what kind of beer I should buy. And I want a taste of something other than North American culture, which I've grown somewhat disdainful of. What am I going to do when I get back? No clue, I figure that out later. Right now I'm going where the wind takes me.

Anyways, update on the trip progress: I've given my notice for my apartment and just gave my two week notice to quit my job, so the ball is definitely rolling. I just did a three day backpacking trip and can confidently say I will be in good enough shape for the trek to Everest Base Camp. Not quite good enough to climb it though, but almost.

Also, big thank you to my friend Katie for helping me get this blog rolling, notably with the header picture. If you need a graphic artist in Edmonton, check her out: Bonded Design

1 comment:

  1. Aww thank you for the link back. I can't wait to see your photos! Remember to take shots for my bum collection!

    Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete