Saturday, February 11, 2012

The New Journey

The journey to Alaska is finalized:

May 9th Sydney to Honolulu

May 23rd Honolulu to Anchorage

The reality of this has set in, and it's less than three months away! I am so eager to change the scenery from the beach to mountains, something I haven't been around in over a year. Quite a long stretch for this guy, I can't remember a time, if ever, that I've been away from mountains for over a year. They truly are my home.

I'm also long overdue for some time in the wild. I really haven't had any of that in my time in Australia, and I think a couple weeks in the solitude of the snow capped mountains of Alaska will do the soul good. I'm hoping to make it to Whitehorse, where I have some friends, and then back through British Columbia towards home. I'd like to do a through-hike on the way back; right now I'm feeling ambitious and looking at the Jasper North Boundary Trail...

1 comment: