Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ha Ha Hanoi!

On my overnight bus to Hanoi I woke up in the morning to sight I hadn't seen in a while. The sun! Seeing that bright gem in the sky was a great way to end a shitty bus ride, one where my legs dangled from the top bunk due to the fact that I'm too tall to fit in the Vietnamese sized bunks. I checked into the Hanoi Backpackers hostel and met up with my two English friends again. I must say the hostels in Vietnam are pretty cool, all of them have great setups and are very social places. The first night there I entered a Beer Pong tournament with another English girl, Alicia. We were knocked out first round, but I made the best shot of the tournament, if not in the history of beer pong. The ball totally defied gravity, spinning around the cup, then launching out of it, only to fall back in, spinning wildly around the edge and into the beer. That epic shot won me a free beer.

I ended up running into some other Danish friends that I hung out with in Nha Trang; Andreas, Anna and Simone. Yesterday we hit up the market street that have an abundance of clothing shops selling brand names at about a sixth of the price. I am an owner of a new, kick ass Armani shirt, for just over ten dollars. And another addition of the headphone saga, another pair crapped out on me on the bus ride up to Hanoi (the worst time to be without music). This time I finally ponied up and spent the money needed to get some decent headphones. Beats by Dre are great headphones! Hanoi itself seems kind of like a city that you say no more about. It's busy. Although I haven't done any hardcore sightseeing yet, I've been in lazy mode.

Tomorrow I head out for a two night boat trip around Ha Long Bay, supposedly one of the most beautiful places in Vietnam.

2 comments:

  1. Would that be the Danish girl Simone with child??? lol.....

    Kyle I have heard that boat ride is fabulous, take lots of pictures to share with us.

    May you have sunshine in your soul :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bargain shopping, awesome!! Enjoy your boat trip with all your travel buddies!!

    ReplyDelete