Monday, August 4, 2014

Progress of Summer

So far my summer has been stupidly busy, yet awesomely...awesome. For the July long weekend I took off to my favorite camp spot, Rock Lake. It is off the beaten track, the campsites are well treed in and private, and there's free firewood. All of this for only sixteen dollars a night! Good times were had, culminating in a last night bender that kept us up until 6am. I felt sorry for our neighbors. A couple weekends later I did another camping trip with my sister and her boyfriend, this time to Gregg Lake, not far from the site of the previous camping trip, but a much more developed campground. It was supposed to be most of his softball team as the attendees but there ended up only being five of us, which made for a feast due to the abundant amount of food everyone had packed for the intended large crowd. Cue mango pork skewers for breakfast and a belly full of gigantic cheese filled burgers later that night. Mmmmm.



And as you can see above, I've checked one more thing off my bucket list. I am now the proud owner of a Harley Davidson 1200 Custom, aka my new girlfriend. I love this bike, and thanks to the amazing summer we've been having, I've been riding it a lot. I've went on a couple rides with my dad and uncle, and last week did a trip with a couple friends to Rocky Mountain House and back. It's been a dream of mine for quite some time to own a motorcycle. The time I knew I was absolutely sure I would buy one was in Phonsavan, Laos, when I was cruising around the Laotian countryside on scooters with some friends I had met in Thailand. Riding a motorcycle is one of the greatest feelings of freedom a person can enjoy, but only to a certain type of person. Anyone else cannot properly interpret or understand this feeling, which is why motorcyclists have a heavy mutual respect for one another. I'm very glad I've entered that culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment