Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Power of Christ Compels You!!!!

Well, finally after six months of enduring the constant frustration of a netbook that never works properly, I took that piece of shit to the technician so he can perform an exorcism and take the devil out of it. Hopefully in one week it will be back in my hands and I'll own my own connection to the outside world once again. I almost caved and bought a new ultrabook, but sensibility prevailed and I decided to save my money for the future.

In other news, I received a package from home this week filled with the camping equipment I need to make my Alaskan wildnerness adventure complete. I now have my down sleeping bag, my sleeping pad, my shemagh (to keep the misquitos off my head), and my Ka-Bar knife, which I sharpened so finely that I didn't even notice I had sliced my finger open on it.

Lately I've been in money saving mode, avoiding the bar scene and pissing my money away. Every dollar I save here is one I'm going to enjoy three times as much in Hawaii or Alaska. The weather here has been getting noticebly cooler, especially at night. I think it's safe to say that summer is officially over, if it was ever here in the first place.

On the roomate front, we're losing the two Brazilian girls tomorrow, and do not yet know for sure who's replacing them. One of the Brazilian guys has lately become a total pain in the ass in everyone's eyes here, and we're all hoping he realizes this and leaves soon. I got in a big fight with him yesterday, and have come to the conclusion that it's no longer necessary to hide the fact that I don't like him. Oh well, six more weeks and I'm off to Hawaii!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment