Saturday, October 8, 2011

Going Nationally Geographic

In my attempt to turn my photography hobby into some of a career, I've entered a photo into the National Geographic 2011 Photography Contest. If any of you that read this would like to support me in my endeavor, please follow the link, if you have Facebook, click the "like" button below my picture.

My National Geographic Photo Entry

A little background on the photo in case you're wondering: it was taken on the summit of Kala Pattar, a peak that affords views of Mt. Everest. It was a beautiful day on the way up the mountain, with the exception of the stinging wind that howled around us. My friend, Emin, climbed up on the edge of the cliff and I managed to snap a few shots of him, capturing his figure in the top left corner of this amazing vista. Right after that was taken we quickly had to descend as a huge cloud bank was blowing in from the South, and it would have been dangerous to be exposed on that mountain in a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment